For decades, men suffering from hair loss were enticed with advertisements about how they could once more enjoy the self-confidence and the full head of hair they previously did. Too many of those men today have little more than permanent scars on their scalp to show for the procedure. There’s good news, though. Scalp micropigmentation is an ideal treatment option to help you get rid of your hair transplant scar. What is it and how does it work? Who’s a good candidate for this procedure?
What Is Scalp Micropigmentation?
If you’re looking for a way to get rid of your hair transplant scar, then scalp micropigmentation may be the right solution. This treatment method can provide the appearance of a fuller head of hair, while reducing the appearance of permanent scars left by previous transplant procedures. In essence, micropigmentation is a form of tattooing. However, instead of creating bold designs or images, it’s used to strategically darken areas of the scalp, particularly around hair transplant scars.
The process is noninvasive, and has minimal healing afterwards. There is also no downtime, although you do need to give your scalp a few days to heal. It is designed to replicate the appearance of your own natural hair follicles, giving the scalp more color, and hiding discolored scars. Note that this procedure can also be used to minimize the appearance of hair loss, by mimicking the look of shaved hair.
How Does Scalp Micropigmentation Work?
How does this procedure help you get rid of your hair transplant scar? It’s actually relatively simple and straightforward. A trained specialist at HeadWays will first determine the appropriate color to be used in order to match your natural follicles. Then, a series of micro-needles is used to inject pigment directly into the skin of your scalp. The result is the appearance of denser, more thickly clustered follicles that hide the discoloration of permanent hair transplant scars.
In addition to helping you get rid of your hair transplant scar, scalp micropigmentation can be used to achieve a number of other goals, including the following:
- Shading in thinning areas
- Restoring receding hairlines
- Giving the appearance of thicker hair overall
- Creating the look of shaved hair
- Adding density to thinning areas all over the scalp
The Benefits of Scalp Micropigmentation
Interested in this noninvasive hair restoration procedure, but not entirely sure what benefits it can provide you with? In addition to helping get rid of your hair transplant scar, you’ll find a host of additional benefits with scalp micropigmentation.
- Healing Time: One of the most important advantages here is the fact that this procedure has virtually no downtime, and very little healing time required.
- Natural Color: You’ll be able to mimic the color of your own natural hair follicles, allowing the most realistic illusion to be created.
- Fast: When handled by a licensed, trained specialist, scalp micropigmentation can be completed very quickly, allowing you to boost your self-confidence and get back to living your life.
- No Maintenance: There is virtually no maintenance needed with scalp micropigmentation, other than a potential touchup every few years. This can be minimized by reducing the amount of direct sunlight exposure your scalp receives, and keeping your scalp properly moisturized.
- Customized: Each scalp micropigmentation treatment is customized to the individual, meaning that recreating your own previous hairline is possible.